Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sweet versus Savory

I think baking is more fun than cooking.

Heck, if I could live on pies and cookies alone, I probably would. I mean, then I'd weigh as much as a school bus and probably have 8 chins, but who cares.

Unfortunately, as I harp to my boyfriend all the time, we have to be somewhat healthy. This means that, as much as he may beg, we cannot have pizza rolls more than 3 nights a week for dinner. I kid, I kid!

I saw a recipe for a whole chicken that I modified for 2 servings of chicken breasts. So I put my big-girl britches on and carried out a meal that even the judges on Top Chef couldn't pick apart. Don't worry, its not fancy by any means, so you can do it too!




Rosemary chicken and potatoes
2 chicken breasts
Red/new potatoes for 2 people, washed and cut into bite-size pieces [I think I did 4]
2 tsp paprika
1.5 tsp rosemary
1 garlic clove, minced [could substitute garlic powder]
1/2 tsp black pepper
olive oil for coating

Mix all the spices and garlic together. Sprinkle over chicken on both sides, reserving spices for the potatoes. Place cut potatoes in gallon sized bag, pouring enough olive oil in to coat them, then the remaining spices. Feel free to sprinkle more in if you want, its not really an exact science. Shake the bag around a bit, then place chicken and potatoes on baking sheet/stone. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken is.

As you can see in the picture, it goes great with a Caesar salad. And a bottle of white wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment